BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FTSE EOD Data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
tearawaybull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote tearawaybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FTSE EOD Data
    Posted: 25 Jul 2006 at 4:52pm

I own some shares quoted on the FTSE and would dearly love to use my Bullcharts software to chart them. However I am not sure whether this will work adequately with Bull Charts. If it works without too much hassle and without disabling my Australian stocks using Bull Data I plan to buy some EOD FTSE data.

Does anybody do this - and if so what are the pro's and con's?

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2006 at 9:08pm
Bullcharts can run Metastock format data, so just make sure your FTSE data are available in Metastock format.

Post Options Post Options   Quote tearawaybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 9:44am

Originally posted by Owen

Bullcharts can run Metastock format data, so just make sure your FTSE data are available in Metastock format.

Thanks Owen - is it able to run both Bull Systems data and Metastock data at the same time ?

Or do I have to set up a separate database or something. I guess I need to know whether it is going to be a practical proposition.

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 5:44pm
tearawaybull, yes you can.

Because US stockmarket indices in Bullsdata format don't work on my Bullcharts (not sure if this is just me), I always use my Metastock data to check SP500. I do it by going to "File", then "Open Metastock", then going to the folder that contains the data. It's obviously less convenient than simply typing the 3 letter ASX symbol in the Symbol box, but it's bearable.

One short cut is to save all Metastock format indices/stocks in a single workspace, so I just open the workspace everytime I want to check this group. This approach is quite satisfactory when you have only a few non-Bulldata stocks to monitor.

Edited by Owen

Post Options Post Options   Quote tearawaybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 4:21pm
Thanks again Owen. It looks like it will be workable. I just needed some comfort before laying out for different data.
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 6:58pm

tearaway

I use metastock data for futures and set up watchlists that are accessible at all times, even while viewing normal bullcharts.  Works real well.

CR

Post Options Post Options   Quote tearawaybull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 12:18am

THANKS ALL ... I have got the data and it works fine. I set up watchlists manually pulling each stock in from Metastock and that is ideal.

Then to use the Bullscan searches etc I set the data preferences to Metastock, copied the FTSE250 index symbols into a separate watchlist. That works until you set data back to Bull Charts.

Would be nice if the watch list remembered where it got the data, but it does work OK since I cannot do two things at once anyway.

But thanks to everyone for all the help getting me here.

Post Reply Post Reply