FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Parabolic trendlines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parabolic trendlines
    Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 10:08am

I seem to have read somewhere that Bullcharts can claim to being one of the only programs in the world to be able to draw parabolic trendlines. Is this so?

I ask as my very last trade turned out to be just one of these things - I bought at the very top of the parabola - not knowing what was going on, and only by accident I looked at the larger picture and saw it.

I want to document this failed trade as it is a great learning experience. I tried to draw a parabolic trendline, but could not get it to come even close. Is there some trick to it??  Should I read the help?

BTW - the stock in question is KZL if you are interested in having a look.

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 3:13pm
I've made a Tip of the Week on parabolas for you.

kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by Peter

I've made a Tip of the Week on parabolas for you.

I noticed! And frankly, I still cannot get it to work. Well, I can draw the parabola ok - but it never seems to connect the points I want to connect. This is more a mathematical problem that a software one, I think. The points in question simply do not line on a nice clean parabola. It is a curve that rises geometrically, but that does not mean that it is parabolic.

Post Reply Post Reply