BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

XXX Indicator

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
noumann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote noumann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XXX Indicator
    Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 6:34am
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to understand what kind indicator is this,plotted on the monthly chart of eurostoxx 50.
The author says that it is based on range,volatility and the position of the closes in the last n bars and that it works on any time frame without modifications(so i presume it's adaptive) .When High touches the upper band(blue line) a buy signal is given,when low touches the lower band(red) a sell signal is given.Furthermore,in the graph you can see two grey lines:If we are long and prices(low) touch the lower grey line,the market becomes neutral;if we are short and prices(high)touch the upper grey line,the market becomes neutral.
In other words,the indicator gives, at the end of every period, the levels of trend changes for the next period.I don't know other.Is there anybody familiar with it?
Thank you all and forgive my poor english

peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 4:12pm
It looks like a volatility envelope that form bands both sides of a moving average. 
 Post Reply Post Reply