FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

more wishlist stuff..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
etrader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: more wishlist stuff..
    Posted: 10 Jul 2005 at 9:32pm

1./  It is great with the dates showing in the top right hand corner, but what also could be useful is the ability to show sector, or maybe industry group somewhere ?

2./  If i have multiple timeframes open, sometimes it would be nice to quickly spot what day i am looking at on one chart compared to the other, hence a possibility would be to have the crosshair viewable on the minute, hourly, weekly charts at the same time.

3./  having an option to make the other black lines between different indicators invisible would make the interface a little clearer.  example below...removing the pane splitters does not do much ?

4./  I noticed one of the new changes was “Alternate” price plot colouring to show alternating colours each period, i was thinking it would be a great idea to have an option that would show a 2-tone background colour to show different periods. Great for fx when using 5-minute charts or less as you can easily differentiate different days.

cheers etrader

Edited by etrader
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2005 at 9:44am

With regards to item 1, the current data strip in the top left corner of the price pane could show the detail of the period under curser eg open hi low close vol etc, instead of having to pause over it with the mouse. Wherever the vertical crosshair was the data window would show the data for that day, week etc. This would be a lot faster. You could click a small button to go straight to the latest data.

Another suggestion-

Make the price pane 4 ways scrollable instead of the present 1 way eg you can now click & drag the pane to scroll back previous periods, but why not up, down and to the right?. This would be good because I am having trouble adjusting the right most handles on indicators which are off-screen to the right. Changing the x-axis properties to scroll further has some major drawbacks eg only applies to the current stock, and current instance ie if you view another chart and come back you have to set it up all over again.

Edited by Cobra
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 8:06am

I agree with the 4 way scrolling suggestion - would be a particularly useful and time saving enhancement.

CR

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2005 at 10:29am
Thanks for the suggestions:

Regarding the 4 way scrolling, you can scroll up and down if you turn "auto scale" off (the little red "auto" icon").

To make more room for scrolling to the right, double-click on the time-axis to open its properties, and change "Add 5 bars to the right of new data" to something like 50 bars.

Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2005 at 4:32pm
What I'm trying at the moment is the new half ellipse feature. The problem is trying to draw the right most handle when it's off the screen. Adjusting the x-scale has a once only effect - it reverts back when you go to a new chart. Now, after working my way through a watchlist having to change the x-scale each time for each stock is time consuming, when all it needs is a click & drag to the left, as is currently the case scrolling back in time ie scroll forward in time too.
Permanently adding bars uses too much screen space on the occassions I don't need to scroll forward in time.
Maybe you could have it so the indicator handle auto scrolls as you click-and-drag off screen, in any direction. This would be even better
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2005 at 9:55am
I've put "Add auto-scroll to drawing tools" on our to-do list.
 Post Reply Post Reply