FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Image uploads and Deleting!.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Decan_Frost View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Decan_Frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Image uploads and Deleting!.
    Posted: 30 May 2005 at 9:17pm

I was wondering if it was possible to have the file size slightly increased in posting images,specifically in stock chat,as most of my indicators have to come off when posted to keep it under 50 k.Maybe up to 60 or 70 k.

Also can we put out there,  user be responsible for deleting answered and or old irrelevent posts!.

The site has and is growing which is no thanx to a great product and support.

Natuarlly all my posts ive, over looked excluded.

Thanx Ash!

Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 9:44am
Originally posted by Decan_Frost

I was wondering if it was possible to have the file size slightly increased in posting images,specifically in stock chat,as most of my indicators have to come off when posted to keep it under 50 k.Maybe up to 60 or 70 k.

Looking at the image you recently posted to the Stock Chat forum, I note that PNGGauntlet can compress it down to a 15k PNG file as opposed to a 49k GIF, with no loss of quality. I'd ask Peter about adding better image-file-format support to BullCharts, but I expect there's more important charting and watch-list related things for him to be working on.
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2005 at 10:08am
Hi,

I've increased the image upload limit to 100k.

Note: BullCharts can also save iamges as PNG (File/Export/As Image/*.png), but it saves 24bit PNGs, so the GIFs are still generally smaller. (PNGGauntlet produces 8bit PNGs, which are smaller than the GIFs.)

Most forums leave all messages on as a history for people to refer back to in the future.

Decan_Frost View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Decan_Frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2005 at 9:14am
Thanx Peter,all efforts appreciated!
 Post Reply Post Reply