FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Offline mode?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Offline mode?
    Posted: 21 Apr 2005 at 9:52pm

I am doing a persentation to my trading group on Bullcharts. There seems to be an issue that a lot of the Market Views do not work unless you are connected to the Internet. Since these views are unique to BS, I particularly wanted to display them.

Do you have any suggestions?

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 12:19am
Wireless broadband?
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 6:39am

Originally posted by Owen

Wireless broadband?

Not possible. There is probably an Internet connection somewhere in the building, but this is a one-of that is not really woth setting up anything for. I don't have a wireless card in any case.

I could probably get a 100m network cable and connect into their router - but then I would have to work out their IP addresses/Workgroup names, etc. Not worth the hassle.

I was thinking more along the lines that I could connect here at home - open up all the reports and windows I want to display - then simply leave them open. I have tried that at work, and it seems to work - so it does not really seem to need the Internet connection once the reports are open.

Edited by kneighbour
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 9:15am
Originally posted by kneighbour

I was thinking more along the lines that I could connect here at home - open up all the reports and windows I want to display - then simply leave them open. I have tried that at work, and it seems to work - so it does not really seem to need the Internet connection once the reports are open.

The reports you're thinking of are basically webpages hosted on a BullSystems server, which is why you need to be online in order to view them. Like any other webpage, once you've downloaded the content and it's being displayed on your screen, you don't need an internet connection to keep it there - unless the page has any dynamic content such as being in 'auto refresh' mode, or one of the 'dynamic' pages (I think Market Depth and Trades Ticker are the only ones in BullCharts).
Lion-man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lion-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2005 at 1:23pm

You said "I could probably get a 100m network cable and connect into their router - but then I would have to work out their IP addresses/Workgroup names"

If there a network conncetion in the building you can plug in your computer it should work. For example my house all wired & I could plug in any computer in any of the rooms & be able to connect to the internet.

The other option is if you have a desktop computer home you can set up the other computer to connect remotely to the one at home 

Post Reply Post Reply