FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Parabolic trendlines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Parabolic trendlines
    Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 6:29pm

Originally posted by Peter

I've made a Tip of the Week on parabolas for you.

I noticed! And frankly, I still cannot get it to work. Well, I can draw the parabola ok - but it never seems to connect the points I want to connect. This is more a mathematical problem that a software one, I think. The points in question simply do not line on a nice clean parabola. It is a curve that rises geometrically, but that does not mean that it is parabolic.

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 3:13pm
I've made a Tip of the Week on parabolas for you.

kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 10:08am

I seem to have read somewhere that Bullcharts can claim to being one of the only programs in the world to be able to draw parabolic trendlines. Is this so?

I ask as my very last trade turned out to be just one of these things - I bought at the very top of the parabola - not knowing what was going on, and only by accident I looked at the larger picture and saw it.

I want to document this failed trade as it is a great learning experience. I tried to draw a parabolic trendline, but could not get it to come even close. Is there some trick to it??  Should I read the help?

BTW - the stock in question is KZL if you are interested in having a look.

Post Reply Post Reply