FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Metastock Pro Live Data Feed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Metastock Pro Live Data Feed
    Posted: 26 Nov 2005 at 6:24pm
I understand that it is possible to use Metastock EOD data 'as is' in Bullcharts, however is it possible to use a live feed in the same manner.

Bullcharts appear to only offer a live feed for the ASX.  What if I wanted say the US or Japanese market?  Or perhaps someone who offers "value add" options such as current prices of the old indicies before S&P took over.
Can I choose any live feed that Metastock Pro would be happy with and feed that into Bullcharts through it's Metastock plugin?

I suspect there are differences in the way Metastock Pro handles live data to the way the EOD version handles EOD data, and then to add Bullcharts into that mix may be traumatic!

Many thanks,
ITT.

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2005 at 7:19am

1. we don't have an option to add in a live feed from other sources at the moment.  We are looking at 3rd party options particularly for US data etc.

2. For old Sector indices - we have plans to make that available for you through BullCharts.

3. For MS plugin - not sure if would work as the Intervals 5min,15min are formed on the server.  The last live point might though.

No dates as yet.

IT-Trader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote IT-Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2005 at 9:34am
Thanks Brendon,

I was looking at the Equis Quote Center product.  I've lived without a live feed until now but the move to BullCharts was part of a general updating of my trading setup in which I wanted to add the live feed.

A kind of related question, if I use my previous Metastock EOD feed,  do trend lines and markings on charts get autosaved as per SmartCharts/Intellicharts?  (To need to manully save each and every chart is simply not viable!)

ITT.

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2005 at 7:28am
Intellicharts will be fine.  The Metastock format does not support Fundamentals, scanning on sectors or the GIGS Industry groupings in the Security Manager
 Post Reply Post Reply