FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IntelliCharts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IntelliCharts
    Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 12:57pm
twice in the last week now, between closing BC and re-opening BC (to get an external source data download), Intelli-Charts has saved a massive sized file in the Intelli-Charts folder. 

Both occasions the IC file has been in the order of 21000MB, and I think it is the chart that is open at the time that it is doing it to.

It doesnt do it every time though, so I cant pick anything at the moment that has been common to both events.

It is a problem though, as the huge file slows the system down, takes up to 1 minute to change to/from the affected stock and the only fix is to delete the Intelli-Chart, which loses all the info you have put on the chart.
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 4:45pm
Hmm... you're the second person to report that particular problem, but the other reporter didn't have as much detail as you've given.

It's definitely only happened with the chart that was open when BullCharts was closed, never as you're flicking from one symbol to another?

When this occurs, is there anything interesting actually on the chart? (you might need to zoom all the way out, just to be sure)

(for reference, I just put one of every kind of line-study on a chart, and the resulting IntelliCharts file was 80KB, so a 21MB file must have something pretty amazing inside it)

Also, if anyone gets one of these monster charts, it might be an idea to send us a copy - but please zip it up first. :)

Edited by Tim Allen
Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2005 at 5:23pm
Hi Tim,

if the other person was that annoying bloke who has been e-mailing you, with the initials MJ, then that is me!!

I e-mailed you direct the last time it happened, wanted to post it here this time so others are aware.

Yes, both times the problem arose after re-starting BC.  I am not 100% sure if the offending chart was the one that was open when I closed BC down originally, but I suspect it was.

Just to further explain, the offending chart works fine for days on end, through multiple shutdown and re-starts of BC.  When it decides to play up, the only change to the chart would be the OHLC data for the day, as I would have re-started BC after getting my download.  Both times, I have not changed / added / deleted any drawings or line studies from the chart.

I will do as you ask if and when it happens again.  I get hourly updates from my data provider so I need to close and re-open BC each time to get it to read the Metastock folders, so there is plenty of potential (hence my suggestion for a data refresh button!!)

Edited by Dingo
 Post Reply Post Reply