FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

GICS Sectors view..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
etrader View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote etrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GICS Sectors view..
    Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 10:54am

I use the GICS sectors tool to drill down to the best or worst performing stocks of the day in the best or worst sectors of the day.

This seems to work fine when trying to find the bullish stocks for the day, but on a down day you cannot bring the worst performing stocks to the top of the list using "% Movement" and "Bottom", this shows a bunch of Warrants or something at values of zero !  It does work however, if i use "+/- Movement" and "Bottom" values, but i prefer to rank them by %, can this be fixed ?

cheers...

Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2005 at 12:25pm
The mystery stocks that were filling up your GICS Sector report weren't necessarily warrants, they were just securities that didn't have a previous close recorded - without a previous close, movement can't be calculated and thus they were all clustering together at one end of the list.

I've changed the GICS Sector report to filter out securities that don't have a sensible value for whatever the sort order is - so these securities won't clog up the report sorted by % Movement, but they'll still be around if you sort by Last Price for example.
 Post Reply Post Reply