FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The ’Trades’ Indicator - a hidden jewel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The ’Trades’ Indicator - a hidden jewel
    Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 10:17am

In the trading course I am doing, they make a big deal out of the fact that the software that they use (IC-Investor) has a Trades indicator. ie it displays the Number of trades - not just the Volume of trades.

And it is a big thing. It is very useful. The belief was that IC-Investor was the ONLY program to have this great feature. The thing is that Bullcharts has exactly the same indicator. It struck me that it is probably something that Bullcharts could be promoting a little bit more.  

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 3:15pm
This is the problem with a program that has several hundred features.
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 6:26pm

I agree. And of course what I find useful is not the same as what another user might find useful.

But this indicator is almost unique. In fact - it is not really the indicator of course - it is the fact that your proprietry data server provides this information. No one else can provide this same data as they just provide Metastock compatible data. And of course that is why IC-Investor provides it - they also use a proprietry data server/service.

Post Reply Post Reply