FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Ex Dividiend date suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ex Dividiend date suggestion
    Posted: 16 Feb 2005 at 8:07am

I know we can develop an indicator in BC to display the Ex Dividend date. The problem with this is that you only get the indication in the past. Since it is an indicator, it works on price history and that is the way it works.

Unfortunately this is not terribly useful - although still a nice thing to know. It would be a lot better if I knew the Exdividiend date was coming up. BC knows this information - it is in the Security/Dividends screen. And indeed I could simply look it up for myself if needed. but it would be good if a vertical line came up on the right of the chart to show the exdividend date. If it is too hard to draw - then a simple numerical counter would do - ie 4 days to go, 3 days to go, etc.

I ask as a stock I have went ex-dividend yesterday. I did not know about it - and it goes a long way to explaining the nature of the price action. I really shoukld have known, of course, so I have no excuse.

Just a suggestion

Decan_Frost View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Decan_Frost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2005 at 11:00am

I would have to agree with you Kneighbour and think it probably not to  hard a thing to achieve if we could have a indicator ,flag or something that said that 1 day or two to ex div date.

Maybe a default selection available where this flag is displayed on all charts we bring up.

Yes this would be nice.

SimonSavva View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2005 at 1:17am

I third that!

How do I show that a dividend occured in the past? This is helpful also. It means that I can respect that a recent gap is simply a dividend and not something sinister.

What would suit me just fine is to have a marker appear, the day before a stock goes ExDividend.

Would be great if we could also do this for when reports are due.

Sitting on hot coals for comments.

SS

Edited by SimonSavva
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 3:47pm
For reference, there some scripts here for dividends, which help to some extent. I'm planning to add some more dividend features, though it's a bit more of a sticky problem than appears on the surface.
 Post Reply Post Reply