FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Is it worth it?????????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it worth it?????????
    Posted: 30 Aug 2007 at 1:18pm

Dingo,

Yes you are right.  Sorry about that.

I will add in a new section for 3.6.6 so is more visible etc.  We have fixed some Metastock bugs - please see the list in this section to see if the one you need is corrected.

We have been preoccupied with the ASX and their data changes.  We do have more versions coming out as we close off the ASX.

To order it just send your details to info@bullsystems.com

Dingo View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 5:10pm
Brendon,

when did this version come out?   I can't find any reference to this version on the website anywhere and how to order it?

I have been casually checking the forum and the update area of the website for the last 8 months since I reported on the Intelli-Charts problem using Metastock data; given the lack of info and progress I had actually given up on BC.

The Update section of the website still only refers to 3.4.1; it doesn't seem you are doing yourself any favours with your users??

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 8:45pm
The new version is on a CD only due to the change to the new database SQL 2005, and dotnet 2.0 etc. This needs to be installed first before we then can offer upgrades via the net later. Keep in mind we do offer free upgrade not like with Metastock etc.  The $10.50 is to cover some postage etc. Once everyone has upgraded to 3.6.6 as a base we can then go to upgrades over the net.
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 8:38pm

Version 3.6.6 

Bug fixes

·         Scaling issue that caused some indicators to go off the screen

·         Restoring folders for watchlist

Version 3.6.5  i Significant changes

Indicators

·         Pring KST 5 Minutes - Short and Long term

·         Pring KST 15 Minutes - Short and Long term

o        Technician's Guide to Day and Swing Trading by Martin J. Pring p.144

Bug Fixes

·         Get Daily Data may miss some days

·         Wrong host server to connect to

Version 3.6.4  i Significant changes

Key Features

i Layer Manager to unclutter a chart by being able to hide/show price plots, indicators and drawing tools on a chart.

i Apply and select stocks by colour to speed up daily analysis of stocks to watch.

i Stop Loss indicators have an option to be relevant only to the selected security

i New defaults settings for line colour and thickness in indicator and new default options for drawing tools

General

·         When open a saved chart file - display the file and workspace name in the program title bar

·         Scrolling/Slidehow when the Security Manager is minimised.

·         Add yearly convert option for monthly data in the Indicator Advanced Tab

·         Custom indicators can now display data in the future such as Expiry dates

·         Upgrade to Microsoft SQL 2005

·         Upgrade to Microsoft DotNet 2.0

Layer Manager

A chart many become cluttered with too many indicators, line drawings and annotations.  The Layer Manager provides an option to selectively hide individual lines or groups of lines.  For example, you are able to hide all indicators as a group or one by one. The Layer Manager also gives you convenient access to the properties of the indicator or drawing tool by double clicking on the item.

Another benefit of the Layer Manager is to be able to more precisely select a line if they are too close together. 

Hide all price plots

Hide all Indicators

Hide all Drawing Tools

Show all plots and lines on the chart

Show properties of selected item

Delete the selected item

Tagging stocks by colour in watchlist and scans

By applying a tag to a row in your watchlist or scan result, BullCharts allows you to better analyze your stocks efficiently.  You are able to apply up to 6 different colours to tag groups of stocks around a common theme.  It may be based on whether the stock is short or long or to look more closely at later to buy, sell or hold. 

The coloured tag method is often useful for a ‘first pass’ over stocks in a scan result list before you commit to adding them to a watchlist.

Once you have applied various coloured tags, you are able to sort the list based on Symbol, Name or Colour.  The order of the colours is customisable in the Properties for the main WatchList folder. 

Changing the default Sort Order

You are able to change the default sort order for all new watchlists. Select the WatchList main folder. Double click to view the Properties and modify the sort order.  This will apply to any new watchlists, not existing ones.

You are also able to have a particular sort order for each watchlist.  Some maybe based on colour, name or symbol.  Select the watchlist name that you wish to modify the sort order for and then double click.  Select the Sort Order tab.

Changing the default tag colours

Similar to the sort order, the default tag colours can be changed by double clicking on the main WatchList folder and then select the Sort Order tab.  There are a maximum of 6 levels to select from and can be any colour.  The preview shows how the row will look like when not selected (black text) or selected (white text) to achieve the best colour contrast.

Selecting rows based on tag colour

If you wish to copy or create a watchlist based on the tag colour, select the row with the colour you wish to copy then press Ctrl+Shift+A.  This will highlight all rows of the same colour.  Next, right hand click on the row and select the appropriate option such as Create New WatchList, Add to WatchList, Copy, Delete or Export as examples.

Stop Loss indicator relevant to selected stock

Stop loss indicators can be set to be particular to one security rather than all securities.  Tick This indicator is relevant to this security only.

Defaults for Indicators

·         Line colour

·         Line thickness

·         Visible/invisble - show hide a plot in the Style tab

·         Convert period – on the Advanced tab for an indicator 

Defaults for Drawing Tools

Defaults will now retain the selected Ratio Templates for Gann and Fibonnaci lines.

Bug fixes

·         Text label would be lost when you synchronise two charts

·         Windows did not synchronise when one window had stacked panes

·         BullScript editor is able to check a script as being valid. If there is an error, the cursor will be position at the start of the syntax that is not valid

·         Crash when the default template included Stacked panes

·         The last used workspace did not save the synchronised windows status

·         Line study did not retain the new default colour when restart BullCharts

·         The grid icon on the main top toolbar is disabled when select a chart -

·         Moving average scan problem with MA type with a space in the name - eg Time Series

·         Saving the Gann Angle in an IntelliCharts caused an error

·         Sometimes when scrolling in a watchlist the stock symbol does not match the company name

·         Delete wrong row in watchlist

·         Retain the same order of windows when you open a workspace

·         The Delete icon not active when select a plot to delete

·         Retain the Synchronised window state when save a workspace

·         On a weekly chart, the volume bar was displaying daily data.

·         Metastock users - when add a symbol to a watchlist the Intellichart appears in a non standard location and hence not available when scanning etc

·         The stock symbol PRN caused a problem when in a watchlist.  PRN is a Microsoft reserved word

·         Specified cast is not valid when a stock has no ex date eg AAO

Version 3.5  i Significant changes

Key Features

i Backup and Restore options

i New Indicator Toolbar Manager

Backup and restore

• Watchlists, templates, custom scans, custom indicators, BullStore database
  • This will allow you backup your files for safe keeping or move to another machine

Indicator Toolbar Manager

Bug fixes

·         BullScript editor is able to check a script as being valid. If there is an error, the cursor will be position at the start of the syntax that is not valid.

·         Charts reload out of order in workspace

·         Highlight of comments in BullScript editor not work

chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 7:00pm

Information is a little scant about the upgrade.  Any news from anybody about the new features and fixes in the new version?

CR

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2007 at 10:36pm
I ordered my CD already, can't wait for it to arrive. We've had so many free upgrades so I don't mind paying $10.5 occasionally. Bullcharts could have offered a download rather than a CD though, if they got the bandwidth.

Anyway it's good to see things moving.

Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2007 at 11:48am
So is there officially a new version?? Do the rest of us have to fork out the $10.50? We have all been waiting patiently.

Will the new version fix the bugs?
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 10:26am

We can send you 3.6.6 which uses dotnet 2.0 and a new database.

Please email info@bullsystems.com for  an upgrade.  It is only available on CD due to the new database.  Normally the upgrade is $10.50 to cover the media and postage.  Brendon

Edited by Brendon
sleepy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote sleepy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 8:26pm
Any update on when next release is due???...

"BullChart is update 1-2 times a year.  We will be having a new version released soon with new features and bug fixes."

... as the above statement was made in April and we are now end of August

Cheers,
Steve
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 3:45pm

Thanks. Best later on as have closed things off to test.

Re the first point.  The icon at the top right of the screen called Auto cna be clicked off and you can move the chart up etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>