FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

News Desk

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: News Desk
    Posted: 24 Feb 2005 at 11:29am
Ahh.. yep. I forgot about the business news articles. Ok, that's been fixed now, and will take effect immediately. 
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 3:58pm
To clarify a bit, if you select Actions - News - Newsdesk then select Business news as the news service, you can then click on a headline which will pop up a text window, as opposed to a pdf reader window. If you then select save, the file extension to save is CSV, where I think it should be TXT. I changed the extension to txt but the formatting was all over the place. A minor problem but still annoying.
This (business news and ferret) is one of those hidden Bullcharts gems
Thanks
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2005 at 10:25am
I'm a bit confused by the question. You can save the list of headlines as a csv file (which is essentially just a text file with a different file extension.. so just change the extension when saving it).

The articles themselves are PDF files. The ASX doesn't provide a plain text version of the articles anymore - so we can't provide it. But you may be able find a third party program to convert it though.
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2005 at 4:28pm
Would it be (or is it) possible to save news desk items as plain text instead of csv?.
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
 Post Reply Post Reply