FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Latest BullCharts version?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latest BullCharts version?
    Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 11:16am
This is to announce that the new Version 4 of BullCharts is in the very final stages of testing, and will be demonstrated at the Sydney Users' Round Table meeting on Thursday 17 July 2014. (This event has been advertised to all Sydney users in recent days.)

We expect to be able to release it very soon. Stay tuned for more details, including the lengthy "What's New in BullCharts Version 4" document.
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2014 at 2:48pm
My apologies for not attending the Syd Round Table meeting as I'm very interested in doing so. 

I will go straight to the Bullcharts "Trading Expo" stand for all the info on the new version and I've a few queries about the current software (re. alerts). 
stefanols View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote stefanols Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2014 at 5:38pm
Hi,

Anyone that have information when V4 will be out?

Best regards

Stefan
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2014 at 9:07am
Hi stefanols,

Version 4 is now in final beta testing with a small group of users. All being well, it will be broadly available very soon.
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2014 at 9:08am
Hi all BullCharts users,

The new version 4 was in beta testing for some months earlier this year, and was then on limited release through August and into September. As of earlier this week, the update trigger message in the BullCharts software was enabled so that all users on an older version could "check for updates" on startup, and trigger a simple over-the-web update process.

To help explain the new features, and also offer a number of short instructional and informational videos, we have posted a new web page with details and video links here: http://www.robertbrain.com/bullcharts/whats-new.html

Don't forget the Australian User Group meetings - see details...

Cheers
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
grease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 6:40pm
Hi Brainy,
        Don't know if this is the right thread but I want to talk about the new Version 4.
        I started using the new Version 4 last week. I find that the Portfolio tab has disappeared and with it all my portfolios. Has the portfolio tab really gone for good? Are there problems or is it just my download? Also another big problem for me is that the files will not open properly after I do a scan. Maybe it's because I'm using Windows 7. 64bit.
Got any ideas?
Grease.
Can predict what might happen not what will happen.
grease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 11:07am
Hi Again,
       I have figured out what has happened to the old Portfolios tab. It will be fine but I will have to enter all my old trades again. Also a backup version of Bullcharts v3.9 is still loadable so I can look up my Portfolios on that.
To overcome the problem viewing scan charts I see there is a facility to turn them into a watchlist and then they behave correctly. So all looking good but some work ahead to enter Portfolios again.
Grease.
Can predict what might happen not what will happen.
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 2:44pm
Hi grease,
Sorry for delay in replying (we don't watch this forum all the time, as it is intended just for users to exchange ideas etc amongst themselves).
All support queries need to be directed to the support staff - see teh contact details on the BullCharts Contact web page: http://www.bullcharts.com.au/contact.asp
Cheers
Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2016 at 12:06pm
Since the last post below, version 4.1 was announced and delivered in 2015, and now version 4.2 is available (August 2016).  Please note that v4.2 is NOT supported on Windows XP.

The key updates for v4.2 are the move away from the Microsoft SQL database, to the OpenSource database system, allowing other exchanges to be included. So now you have access to: Commodities, US data, and several other exchanges. Each one is a separate database. To manage this, the BullCharts DataDownloader tool is installed, and is used each day in the background to manage the data updates at the end of each day.

Most users would have been running v4.0 or 4.1, where there is an option under the Help menu item to "Check for Update". With this option enabled, you would have already received the informational message at BullCharts start time that a new version is available.

To download the new version, follow the link to the official updates page download.bullsystems.com, where you will need to enter your BullCharts data login username and password. Make sure to read all information on the downloads page.

Even though all user data is stored outside the BullCharts system, it is prudent to take a Backup before applying any updates. You can do this inside BullCharts from the menu option: Tools > Backup.

Any problems with the update? - Refer to the support team:- http://bullcharts.com.au/contact.asp
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2016 at 4:40pm
BullCharts Version 4.2has been available for a few months now, and version 4.3 with more enhancements is in the pipeline for release shortly.
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>