BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Export Company Fundamentals as CSV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
RainMakerFaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RainMakerFaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Export Company Fundamentals as CSV
    Posted: 24 Jun 2014 at 4:02pm
I cannot find an answer to my query so I'll post it here! Please assist :) 

How I do I export company financial fundamentals as a CSV from Bullcharts?

i.e. a csv file of all fundamentals for 5 - 10 years.

Thank you ahead of time, 

davidr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2014 at 12:41pm
Hi RainMakerFaker,

You can't export a file of all fundamental data for 5-10 years because the fundamental data for 5-10 years isn't stored. Bullcharts only stores the latest fundamental file not a historical database of that fundamental data.

About 5 years ago I gave it a go using an outside database that I had compiled and merged it into Bullcharts but the problem I found was these historical fundamental databases don't take into account such things as share splits, rights issues etc whereas you had the Bullcharts price data adjusting for these factors and what I found was that you had to run a completely separate database of unadjusted price data.

If you are using Bullcharts as your data source the data is stored in a sql database and microsoft sql isn't all that hard to learn or you could hire someone through somewhere like elance.com if you want to open up the database for a look.

David
davidr
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2014 at 10:52am
Hi all,
Just thought I should add two bits of detail here.

For those who don't know a lot about the BullScan tool, there are about 19 fundamental data items stored for each stock. As davidr says above, these are latest values available (no fundamental history is stored). It is easy to create a scan to select all of these fundamental items, and "Show" them in the Scan Results Table. The results table can then be exported as CSV for import elsewhere.

And, I must mention, the BullCharts staff do guarantee the quality of the data that they provide and which ends up in your copy of the MS-SQL BullStore database. This is provided you don't modify the database structure, and don't manually import any old data. It is possible to import MetaStock format data, but you need to request the key from the BullCharts support staff.

Cheers

Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
RainMakerFaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RainMakerFaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2016 at 10:37am
Thank you for your input guys!
 Post Reply Post Reply