FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NEW VERSION - Calling for input...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW VERSION - Calling for input...
    Posted: 16 Aug 2013 at 9:46am
The BullCharts development team are now compiling a list of desired / new features, tweaks, etc., and are calling for input from the user community.
So, if you have any suggestions or ideas for new or enhanced features, please submit via this forum, and I will be consolidating the list and passing on to the team.

(This same message was posted in the Yahoo Forum - no need to duplicate the feedback).

If there are too many suggestions, we might need to prioritise them based on popularity.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers

Robert B

Edited by rbbrain - 16 Aug 2013 at 9:47am
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
joea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote joea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 7:55am
 Robert in relation to updating data.
Currently what exist is updating all the data each hour.
How about having the data updating on the stocks that you look at with a 20 minute delay.
This keeps the cost of data down.

I have not observed intra day data, but it could have the same concept.

This solves two problems. 1 The data is up to date quickly on which stocks you look at.
                                      2 Its not updating the complete data.
                                      3 Any chats open are updated each 20 minutes.
End of day update will update the complete data base.

cheers

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2013 at 10:55am
Thanks Joe,
A reasonable request - I can add to the list.
Cheers
Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
joea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote joea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2013 at 10:30am

Robert

When you complete a scan.
You receive a list of stocks if you get any hits.
You then click on the first stock and a chart template pops up showing the scan date by a vertical red dotted line. That's fine.

How ever if you then click to one of your own templates with your desired indicators, the scan date disappears.
How come. You are still looking at the list of stocks by the scan.

Can the scan date be applied to all chart templates.?
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2013 at 4:33pm
Hi Joe and everyone.
We have received quite a few suggestions in this forum, and the Yahoo forum, and by email.
I am currently working through them and putting into an overall document, and happy to share (in a few days time... currently busy preparing for the ATAA booth at the Melbourne Trading Investing Expo later this week).
I will post a further update in a few days time.
In the meanime, please keep the suggestions coming - all good.
Regards
Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
reasons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote reasons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2013 at 12:24pm
I would love to see the crosshair cursor showing the relevant timeframe on multiple floating windows.

In other words, if I have 3 computer screens with daily, weekly and monthly charts floated on the separate screens, and I place the cursor on the weekly history on one screen, it will also display the crosshair cursor where I am looking on weekly, in the relevant timeframe on the daily and monthly screens.

The cross hair centre would be positioned proportionately in regards to BOTH the X and Y axis on the other 2 screens.

Thanks for your consideration.

RainMakerFaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RainMakerFaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2014 at 1:24pm
I would like the option of having the volume bars in the background of the main candlestick chart. It would save space when other indicators are loaded in a pane. 

Thank you for considering the request!
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 10:34am
Hi RainMakerFaker,

Good question.
There is a way to do it already...

BC sees the Volume like it sees the variety of chart indicators (even though technically it's not an indicator, as it is a parameter of price).
The volume can be "inserted" onto the "Price Pane" of the chart as follows:
  1. Insert the Voluem as though it is an indicator:- From the menu, select: Insert > Indicator.
  2. From the "Insert Indicator" dialogue box, make sure to select "All indicators" in the upper Category drop down selection, then scroll down the list if indicators to "Volume", and click on it.
  3. Click on the "Next" button.
  4. Under the "Location" tab, make sure to select the "Price" pane, and
  5. selct the desired "Indicator Scale" - probably "Display new scale...".
  6. Then click on OK to apply.

There are some adjustments to fine tune the appearance, but it might not be possible to adjust the volume to put a lot of blank space between the price plot and the volume bars.

Cheers

Robert B

Robert Brain (Brainy)
[/CENTER
RainMakerFaker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote RainMakerFaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2014 at 8:48pm
Thank you Robert it works a treat.

Edited by rbbrain - 04 Jan 2014 at 11:48am
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2014 at 3:53pm
A bit late to the party, but things I'd find nice/useful would be  ...

1) BullScript - Find & Replace in BullScript edit boxes.
2) BullScript - expanding marker= to allow more symbols to be put onto charts and to be able to specify the colour, size & position of symbols in the code (can't find out how to do this) rather than manually doing it through the Styles tab.
3) BullScript - the ability to put Text Strings anywhere on the screen, to allow it to be placed on any Pane & anchored to any of the 4 corners with an X + Y Offset & to be independent of the Price Plot (ie to stay on screen as the chart scrolls). Size/colour/font set with BullScript functions. I'd like to be able to put chart & Indicator data onto the right margin or other areas as info.
4) Add O[1] as shorthand equivalent to Ref(O,-1) or Hist(O,1) which become bulky in long statements. Most of my BullScripts have to start with multiple lines like O1:=Hist(O,1) etc etc etc for every bar I wish to reference.
5) Undo function.
6) Synchronised vertical lines option in linked charts.
7) I'd like the Window Tiling function to make equal square/rectangular charts when activated with 4 charts open, not the 2 vertical & 2 horizontal it does in current version.

I'd also like Chart Bars to draw properly spaced. The spacing between each bar often is not equal with some bars touching whilst others have extra wide gaps. This is especially noticeable on Volume plots.

Thanks for considering any of these.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>