BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > Tips and Tricks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Using Stator with BullCharts data source

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
gahobbsau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gahobbsau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using Stator with BullCharts data source
    Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:36am
Am I the only one interested in using *Stator with the BullCharts chart data as its price data source?
This is a call for expressions of interest if there are others likewise interested.

With the release of Stator 3, provision is included for data plugins to access third party price data sources. Some - but not BullCharts - are already provided at http://www.stator-afm.com/extend-stator-functionality-with-plugins/

If you are interested, like me, I request that you make this known to Anthony Nosek who is manager at Stator via admin@stator-afm.com or via the Contact page on their website.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

(Background info is that BullCharts have agreed to provide Stator with the data structure info as needed for development of the data plugin.)

* Stator is a Portfolio Management program developed in Australia which has somewhat more portfolio functionality than that available in BullCharts. # See at http://www.stator-afm.com/
# I have no relation to the developers of Stator. I am only a BullCharts user that is interested in using their product, if only it will talk with the BullCharts price data.
Gameboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gameboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 12:42pm
Just sent of an email asking Stator if they have or can plug into Bullcharts data, then found this thread. Judging by your link it looks like they have........excellent.

Edited by Gameboy - 14 Oct 2013 at 12:45pm
gahobbsau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote gahobbsau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 2:59pm
Gameboy,
Yes, there is now a plugin for Stator 3 to use data from the BullCharts BullStore database.
Currently, this is limited to connection to the data for the symbols in the BullStore database which is on your local HDD. This the data that is updated with the daily updates, which is mainly the local ASX data.
It does not use intraday Snapshot data, which would appear to be Cached and not added to the BullStore.

The current plugin also does not connect to the data such as "US.#" and "$.#" symbols that are accessed online and cached by BullCharts but are not stored in the BullStore. Accessing these data would require development of another plugin.

Thanks to Anthony Nosek at Anfield Capital for listening to users and adding this plugin, and to Brendon at BullSystems for providing the required data to Anthony.
DarOv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DarOv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2023 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by gahobbsau

Am I the only one interested in using *Stator with the BullCharts chart data as its price data source?
This is a call for expressions of interest if there are others likewise interested.

With the release of Stator 3, provision is included for data plugins to access third party price data sources. Some - but not BullCharts - are already provided at http://www.stator-afm.com/extend-stator-functionality-with-plugins/

If you are interested, like me, I request that you make this known to Anthony Nosek who is manager at Stator via admin@stator-afm.com or via the Contact page on their website.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

(Background info is that BullCharts have agreed to provide Stator with the data structure info as needed for development of the data plugin.)

* Stator is a Portfolio Management program developed in Australia which has somewhat more portfolio functionality than that available in BullCharts. # See at http://www.stator-afm.com/
# I have no relation to the developers of Stator. I am only a BullCharts user that is interested in using their product, if only it will talk with the BullCharts price data.

I guess asking 10 years after your post wouldn't be very appropriate. But I'll ask it anyway. Does Stator with BullCharts work well and without errors?

Edited by DarOv - 01 Sep 2023 at 9:48pm
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2023 at 3:46pm
Sorry DarOv, but I don't know the answer to that one. Perhaps someone else in the Forum has an answer?
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply