BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Candle pattern scanning

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
willylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Candle pattern scanning
    Posted: 28 May 2012 at 10:18pm
Hi - I have just downloaed version 3.9 and want to use candlestick indicators and scans for candlestick patterns.
When I go to edit candlestick scanning criteria, candlesticks do not show in indicator siganl list.
Any suggestions??
rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:57am
Hi,
I think you are asking about scanning for specific candlestick patterns? (eg. harami, spinning top, hanging man, etc., etc.). If so, then in the BullCharts scan, select "Indicator Signal", then select "Candle Patterns", then click on the "Parameters" buttons, and select on candle pattern.  The candle patterns listed are the same as in the "Candle Patterns" indicator - so you can mroe easily browse the list.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
willylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote willylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:04pm
Thanks Briany
I think my file was corrupt, so I uninstalled bullcharts and reinstalled from disk, then redid the upgrade.
All works fine, including candle patterns indicator and scan.
Thanks for your comments - the indicator is most useful
Bill

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 1:23pm
Hi Willie,
No problem - glad you got it fixed.
(And I have moved this post and thread to the BullScan discussion, in case anyone looks for it as a scan-related topic in future).
Cheers
Robert B
Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 12:21am
A quick note from me to suggest looking for weekly candle patterns, especially the pin bars (long tails, hammers, shooting stars) and the engulfing pattern.

They're not standalone setups but should be considered in the context of the market.
 Post Reply Post Reply