FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Script help...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
davkell View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote davkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Script help...
    Posted: 12 Dec 2004 at 9:48pm

Hi all;

I would like to run a scan that calculates the following formulae, but cannot implement it into a Bullscript. Any suggestions?

Stage Factor = (Close - Lowest Low of 12months) / (Highest High of 12months - Lowest Low of 12months) * 100%.

Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom."
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2004 at 9:51am
Assuming you're on a daily chart, this should do the trick:
100*(CLOSE-LLV(L,250))/(HHV(H,250)-LLV(250))

(Or change 250, to 52 or 12 if you're using a weekly or monthly chart respectively).
davkell View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote davkell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2004 at 11:48pm

Peter;

Where can we get info/training on learning Bullscript? I have several ideas and don't want to run them all by you. For example, the script you just gave me makes sense, but I have only a basic  understanding of the values LLV (L, 250). It would be great to be able to learn all these type of functions and similar.

"Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom."
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2004 at 9:03am
The best place to start with BullScript is by clicking on the Help menu in BullCharts, and selecting "Getting Started with BullScript".

This includes general discussion of the various features of BullScript, as well as a reference to all of the built in functions. In particular, you might want to look at the "Sample Indicator" page (third from the bottom in the contents tab), as this looks closely at each element of one of the built-in indicators.

The next thing to do is spend some time looking at the built-in indicators. Go to the build tab of the Insert Indicator window, select an indicator, and press Copy. This gives you ready access to over 100 examples.

If you've still got general questions, feel free to post them on the forum so everyone can benefit. Or if you need help with a specific system you've designed and want to keep private, email us.

Post Reply Post Reply