FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Error 116

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error 116
    Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 4:09pm
I decided to change the default color and linestyle of the Stochastic oscillator using Bullcript.  As I finished and clicked OK, I got this message saying "Error 116: The alias 'stoch' is already in the name of the formula".

I checked the manual to see what this means, but I still wasnt sure, so I simply deleted the alias attribute. The resulting plot looks OK, but does anyone know what that message is about? I feel I may be missing an useful funtion of Bullscript.
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2004 at 9:13pm

Owen

I have come across this many times also.  I think the alias name provides easy access to a function from within any bullscript.  STOCH is a standard function.  Thus, you could copy the indicator, rename it and give it your own alias such as STOCH2, then this will become a usable function in any other bullscript you write.....I think.

Chart Rider 

Post Reply Post Reply