BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

alan hull roar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
fiesta62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiesta62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alan hull roar
    Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 8:18am
hi, i am wondering what the roar actually tells me, i first thought roar would
be the return of the stock which might mean all dividends and eps combined, but
after reading about it maybe it just shows the percentage the price is riseing
by ?....and is this percentage for that week only or averaged for the year ?....i'm not
sure could someone explain it please, thanks, ts
rcameron View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote rcameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 5:35pm

Hull's ROAR is simply an annualised measure of the rate of change in the price of a security over about 13 weeks. The simple math is if the price increases by 5% in 13 weeks this equates to 5 x 52/13 = 20% on an annualised basis. The math and method of calculation is a bit more complex but you should get the intent.

fiesta62 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fiesta62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 5:57pm
hi rcameraon,  thanks for the info, i read a bit more and understand more now, so its not on fundamentals like dividends and eps, its just the rate of price change which is fine, i read it was averaged over a year, but didnt know it was measured over 13 weeks, but either way dont matter, the end result used with same settings on various stocks will give me the figures to work on so all good, thanks, tony   
 Post Reply Post Reply