BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

TAZ SCAN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
DAVHOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DAVHOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TAZ SCAN
    Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 10:31am
Hi all,
I'm wandering if someone on this forum would be kind enough to redo the scans i've down loaded from another sight into bullscript for me,i've tried but can't get anywhere with it,just can't come to grips with writing bullscript , i've also tried the bullscript generator which didn;t help.

{Generated BullScript for "TAZ LONG" scan}

ema(60,DAILY volume) > 150000 and

daily high < yesterday's daily high and

Yesterday's daily high < 2 days ago daily high and

sma(10, close) > ema(30, close)and

daily close > daily ema(30,daily close)and

daily close < daily sma(10,daily close)and

daily close > daily sma(200,daily close)and

weekly sma(10,weekly close) > weekly ema(30,weekly close)and

ADX Line(10) > 20.0 and

close >= 5

{TAZ CROSSOVER LONG}

daily sma(20,daily volume) > 100000 and daily sma(60,daily close) > 5 and [daily sma(10,daily close) crosses daily ema(30,daily close)

{TAZ CROSSOVER SHORT}

daily sma(20,daily volume) > 100000 and daily sma(60,daily close) > 10 and daily sma(10,daily close) < daily ema(30,daily close) and yesterday's daily sma(10,daily close) >= yesterday's daily ema(30,daily close)

Thanks in advance for your  help
DavHow
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2008 at 11:56pm

Relax. You don't have to know anything about Bullscript to configure a Bullscan.
Go to BullScan Manager and create a new scan by selecting the "filter" icon.

Create your criteria one by one using the "New" criteria button. You can easily edit these as you become familiar with the results of your scan. You may have to modify the volume and price parameters for the ASX market.

I have included an image of your criteria as you have posted. I have not included the weekly criteria as you cannot scan using different timeframes in the one scan. (You can use the multiscan function for this.)

Note: There is another TAZ scan using the Williams%R (3) indicator. I think this is a better scan as the W%R indicator provides an early warning. (Check original website.)

peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 12:21am
I also have a TAZ chart template.
I use the template when scrolling through my cfd watchlist looking for short term trades.

This template includes the 10,30 ema with the buy/sell markers. I use the Williams%R(5) indicator as my early warning signal. This indicator does a good job highlighting the necessary retracements.
DAVHOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DAVHOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 7:05pm

Hi Peter1

Thanks for your prompt and helpfull reply,i managed to recreate the scan using Bullscan manager,it's alot easier.Thanks again.

You mentioned using the multiscan function? What is this and where can i find it?

Also the TAZ sight i visit only use the Williams%(3) to assess the over brought/over sold regions of the main indices such as the ASX 200 to help judge if theres a possibility of a trend change,  not as a confirmation tool for entry.just wandering what your thought are?

Thanks again
cheers
dave 
DavHow
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2008 at 7:31pm
Thanks Dave. Multiscan is one of the many features that are hidden in BullCharts.

Type multiscan in the BullScan help search function for more info.
-----------------
Indicators on indicies, IMO, are a waste of time if you are trading individual stocks.

I use the W%R as a screening tool so that I don't have to look at every two bar correction inside the TAZ.

Edited by peter1 - 05 Dec 2008 at 7:32pm
DAVHOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DAVHOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 10:02am
Hi Peter1
 Thanks for the prompt reply ,

Multi scan looks like a great feature but doesn't come up when i press the shift or ctrl key. any suggestions that might fix the problem

Not sure what you mean,When you say that indicators on indicies,IMO?( not sure what this stands for) are a waste of time if you are trading individual stocks?
just  wandering if you can expand on this as i'm interested in your reasons why.

DavHow
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 12:48pm

First you have to create all your scans, then highlight all the scans that you want to be run and select RUN, this will bring up the multiscan function.

IMO = In my opinion, IMHO = In my humble opinion.

Indicators on an index may provide some info about the index. Individual stocks however do their own thing and sometimes a sector moves opposite to the index for a short time. If you are looking for TAZ stock setups then I prefer to screen using the stock's indicator, not the index's. However it is very prudent to select the setups that may move in the same direction as the index.

peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2008 at 1:21pm
Dave: Read about the "first retracement" setup and then look for them in your charts and then in your scan results.

If you like this setup then focus on them and become very good at trading them.
DAVHOW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DAVHOW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2008 at 11:11am
Hi peter1;
Thanks for clarifying those points for me and also for sharing your thoughts and knowledge ,
it makes sense that stocks in a sector are going to change direction before its shown on the index chart.

i was wandering if you could recommend any books or web sights in regard to "first retracement"setups?

DavHow
peter1 View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote peter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2008 at 3:11pm
Info about the first retracement (pullback) is in Craig's TAZ website, under "The Strategy, trading pullbacks menu.

Trading these first pullbacks within the TAZ setups are good low risk opportunities that a competent trader can turn into a positive expectancy trading plan.

Start by trading these in the same direction as the index.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>