FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CCI problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
blackdog View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CCI problems
    Posted: 21 Oct 2007 at 5:21pm
Does anybody else use CCI in their custom scripts? I have a problem which I notified BC of a month or so ago but so far no answer. Most unlike them I must say.

I have the following portion of code:-

[horzline=0]
n1 := input("CCI period",100,1);
n2 := input("ma smoothing period",20,1);
longcci:=cci(n1);
trigger:= ma(longcci,n2,S);
[name=blackline; color=black; linestyle=solid]
longcci;
[name=trigger; color=green; linestyle=solid]
trigger;

This doesnt work properly, however if I substitute the line
trigger:= ma(longcci,n2,S);
with the following line not using 'longcci'
trigger:= ma(cci(n1),n2,S);
it will now work!!??? why??? The problem with using the longer line is that it executes more slowly as it has to recalculate a value that it should already have. This is an extract of a much longer code which really does take an age to calculate.

blackdog View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2007 at 10:19am
I still havent got an answer from BC, but I have found a work around. So if anybody else is trying to code woodies CCI or any other CCI system, this will eliminate the need to recalculate the CCI every time it is mentioned in your script.
Instead of cciName:=CCI(n1) use cciName:=ma(cci(n1),1,S) as demonstrated in the following script. 

[horzline=0]

n1 := input("CCI period",100,1);

n2 := input("ma smoothing period",20,1);

cn1:=cci(n1);

cn1a:= ma(cci(n1),1,S); {This is the workaround}

trigger1:= ma(cci(n1),n2,S);{this gives correct value}

trigger2:= ma(cn1,n2,S); {this gives wrong value}

trigger3:= ma(cn1a,n2,S); {this shows the workaround gives correct value}

[name=blackline; color=black; linestyle=solid]

cn1;

[name=trigger1; color=green; linestyle=solid; width=2]

trigger1;

[name=trigger2; color=red; linestyle=solid; width=1]

trigger2;

[name=trigger3; color=yellow; linestyle=dash]

trigger3;

michaelandnet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote michaelandnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2007 at 10:35am
I think bull charts might be going down hill.

I have emailed them on a number of ocassions but no response.

I was considering going back to bullcharts in April next year since their current operating system does not work on vista.

Unless they improve I will stay where I am. I mean if you pay $2,000 for live sucbscriptions per year you want to know it works first.

Unless they can show me clearly that their system works with microsoft vista then I will drop their charting package.

Regards

Michael
blackdog View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote blackdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 2:51pm
Hi Michael,

What version of are you running?  I was under the impression that the latest version 3.6.7 would run on vista.  If you have concerns about BC that are not being addressed, email or phone Brendon at BC, he is the head honcho. He has been able to fix most of my problems very quickly.

I saw BC at the Sydney traders expo and they were showing a version that will be released next year with much improved portfolio functions and alerts.

I did suggest that it would be a good idea to publish on the forum what we might expect in new editions of the software and proposed timetable for releases. But they thought it might raise expectations too much.

Regards,
BD

Post Reply Post Reply