BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

F3 - A Great Key

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Alex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F3 - A Great Key
    Posted: 08 Oct 2006 at 11:05pm

Most of us are guilty of using a product without reading the instructions......and to some extent products should be intuitive.  However, some truly helpful features can be overlooked without occasionally reviewing the instructions.

In my case, as an "indicator stacker", I was looking for a larger screen until I came across this feature:-

"Stacking of Indicator Panes and use Tabs to navigate between them (F3)

A useful feature in BullCharts allows you to stack the indicators into one pane. This helps to focus on the price chart and one indicator at a time. Then you are able to switch back to the normal tiled mode to see all indicators at one time. 

Press F3 to experiment with this feature."

For me this is a great bit of programming.......and for those who currently suffer like I have hit the F3 key!

Regards

rbbrain View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote rbbrain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2006 at 10:14pm

Hi Alex,

You are right on all counts. It is so easy to start using the software without reading much of the doco or the online Help (both of which are very useful with BullCharts). And BullCharts has many very useful little featares like this one.

Another useful function key is F7 - to "expand" (or maximise) the window pane that you have just clicked in.  ie. when viewing a price chart that might have some indicators stacked, click once in either the price pane, or the volume pane, or an indicator pane, and then hit F7. This pane will maximise for better viewing. Then F7 again to toggle back to the original view.

There is a complete list of these in the online help or printed manual as follows:

Online Help - hit F1, then use the "Search" tab, and search for F3. In BullCharts v3.4 it will return "Chapter 28 Keyboard Shortcuts", so "Display" this topic.

In v 3.4 - the PDF User Guide doc (you can download from this web site), on page 429 you can find the same list.

Hopefully this info will help some of the readers.

Robert Brain (Brainy)
Convenor - Australian BullCharts User Group
Brainy's Share Market Toolbox and BullCharts Tips
[/CENTER
 Post Reply Post Reply