BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ASCII Data

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASCII Data
    Posted: 25 Mar 2006 at 11:53pm

BullCharts is an excellent product but one reason I don't use it as much as I might is 'cause it won't read ASCII data. Is this something that can be added?

rgds McDirt  

Edited by mcdirt
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 11:35am
You can request a key to read Metastock formatted data.  Gives you access to data from other markets.
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 1:01pm

Brendon,

I have the key and can read MetaStock data but I get a lot of my intra-day, Futures and Forex data in ACSII (.CSV) format and I'd like to be able to use it in Bullcharts.

rgds McDirt

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 3:31pm
ASCII comes in many formats (I know of 50 different formats)  so it is unpredictable what it will be.  MS is a world wide format so it is easy to read and support from a programming point of version. 
mcdirt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote mcdirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2006 at 8:37pm

Brendon,

Yes, I know you'd have to incorporate an ASCII dialog for the user to tell Bullcharts how the data is formatted - TradeStation and MTPedictor do exactly this.

Considering the elegance with which your programer has written most other aspects of the program, I would have thought it an easy enough task. Of course, I may be the only one interested in such a feature, in which case it wouldn't be important to you.

rgds McDirt  

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2006 at 9:07am
Shall keep in mind - it does depend on demand - most enquiries are regarding Metastock as their data provider can modify the files for splits etc. 
 Post Reply Post Reply