BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullCharts discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Alerts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alerts
    Posted: 23 Nov 2005 at 12:53pm

Hi all

Just wondering who here uses the Bullcharts alerts and who uses the Bullstation alerts and what are your thoughts.

Currently I am paying for dynamic data ($148.50/mth) and really only using BC for dynamic intra day charts and homework at night ofcourse. I don't use the BC alerts and portfolio because it's too cumbersome and confusing to use. I have to use the IRESS alerts for news and price.

In a nutshell I would like Bullcharts to have a simple to use (like IRESS) fun alerts system that can be set and edited from charts too. Does anyone else feel the same way or am I missing something about the alerts that should make it easier ?

Cheers

Mustard

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2005 at 3:05pm
You could try using BullStation as a companion till we integrate a better alert system.  BullStation has a good alert manager for price movements
Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2005 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Mustard

Hi all

Just wondering who here uses the Bullcharts alerts and who uses the Bullstation alerts and what are your thoughts.

- no, I don't use the alerts features, a bit lacking in functionality at the moment. How do you use/access bullstation?

Currently I am paying for dynamic data ($148.50/mth) and really only using BC for dynamic intra day charts and homework at night ofcourse. I don't use the BC alerts and portfolio because it's too cumbersome and confusing to use. I have to use the IRESS alerts for news and price.

- yes, portfolio function couldn't agree more.
- Who are you buying your dynamic data from?. I pay $80 per month with Etrade, which is reduced according to the number of trades, and uses the WebIress platform.  

In a nutshell I would like Bullcharts to have a simple to use (like IRESS) fun alerts system that can be set and edited from charts too. Does anyone else feel the same way or am I missing something about the alerts that should make it easier ?

- yes, needs a bit of work before it becomes a usefull feature, like the portfolio

Cheers

Mustard

There was a discussion a while back on alerts here  -

http://www.bullcharts.com.au/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=230&a mp;KW=alerts

BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2005 at 10:18pm

Hi Cobra

I don't access or use Bullstation but a mate does and finds it much better than BC for alerts.

Weblink supply me with the data. Are you saying that you can now use IRESS data for Bullcharts? Or is it Bullstation that takes the IRESS data? Although you havn't stated you use Bullstation I am assuming you do use it as I didn't think BC took IRESS data.

In 5 years of fulltime trading I have never paid for any data fees when using IRESS but we all like to get value for money when we do have to cough up for such things.

Mustard

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2005 at 11:57am

We will be working putting all the ideas together after Christmas.

Please email me at brendonl@weblink.com.au if wish to review the specs.

Please add any requirements in the forum and we will review for inclusion.  What is most helpful is any screen captures of examples that you like.  Can email to above.

muzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote muzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2006 at 7:59am

Hi everyone,

I have just started a 2 week trial so not sure at what stage the alerts are at.

Firstly can anyone tell me if Bullstation comes with the Bullcharts package as I can't see it anywhere?

And next how do i access the alerts in Bullcharts?

Thanks vm

Andrew

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2006 at 5:36pm

Currently we are working on the design of the alerts.

I will arrange trial access to BullStation for you.  Please email me at brendonl@weblink.com.au with your details.

Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2006 at 11:22am

Hi Brendon and Peter

How are the revamped alerts feature for BC going ? Its seems to have been on the cards for quite some time now.

BTW I like the newer version 3.3.0 but am still hanging out for the facilty to imediately set alerts from charts and have a simple procedure for editing them similar to webiress. i.e all alerts on one page and in alphabetical order.

Mustard

Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2006 at 12:00pm
Mustard,
Not sure if you want to base it on WebIress alerts - I reckon they leave a lot to be desired. A central area to administer would be essentail, agreed.
But once set, a faster mechanism is needed to edit an alert. Eg, in the course of trading if an alert initiates then the ability to edit or update the parameters within the alert would be really good. You could have smart alerts whereby if the alert initiates a certain number of times then it could automatically adjust itself up/down etc by a pre-determined amount. Eg if an alert hits and/or passes the alert price say 5 times in 1 minute then increment the alert 5 cents....
Heres hoping
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Mustard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2006 at 1:05pm

Hi Cobra

Good idea on the auto adjust. I like it.

I find the webiress alerts so much easier to use than BC as everything is on one page. I have all my portfolios set in webiress rather than BC because

1. the BC portfolio can't be floated into a separate monitor (charts can) and you therefore need to have the BC window viewable all the time which takes up a lot more screen space than webiress.

2.there is no right clicking available  to edit a stock directly from the watchlist i.e you have to go to another page to add/remove. Whereas with webiress you simply right click on the stock in the watchlist and click delete and its done.

3. You need to have a stock entered into your BC watchlist for an alarm to work whereas with webiress you don't.

4.You need to have  your ticker open for alarms to work? Another unnessary window to have open. Some may use the ticker but I don't.

5. Then once again you need another BC window to be open to see you triggered alerts plus this is not alphabetical and you need to toggle between pages in alarms.

6. If you add a code to your BC watchlist and you add in an alert and the ticker is open too, the alert doesn't work. You need to close your ticker and open it again to have the new code in the ticker and then the alarm works. Too much stuffing around to my liking.

Webiress has it all on the one page and it can be edited much more quickly. Whether or not Weblink bases a new alerts feature on webiress is up to them but I would like to see an icon ALERTS on the main page which opens one tear away page for viewing and simple editing.

I agree webiress isn't the be all and end all of alerts but it is so much easier to use its nots funny.

Mustard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>