FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

BullCharts 3 is here!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2005 at 4:35pm
I just read in the download section that BC 3.0.2 is "Not recommended for users with MetaStock data" (Note 3). Why is that? I've actually been using Metastock format data on BC and I haven't noticed any problems. 
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2005 at 10:08am
If you have daily MetaStock data and try do a weekly scan, you get a whole lot of 'symbol not found' errors instead of the results you're after. This causes problems for devotees of Alan Hull (for example), whose scans and indicators need to be applied to weekly data.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2005 at 12:43pm
Tim is this a bug or a purposely added feature?
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2005 at 4:07pm
Definitely a bug.
Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2005 at 10:20am
Will this bug be fixed in the upcoming new Bullcharts?
Seahorse View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Seahorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2005 at 4:03pm

Greetings Tim....

Could you please provide a rough indication when this "bug" will be rectified.

My Reality Check bounced
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2005 at 5:53pm

Vesion 3.1.1 has a fix for weekly scanning using Metastock data. Due in a few weeks.

Let us know if wish to test a beta version before formal release.  Shall send a CD.  Let us know your User ID.

Owen View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Owen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2005 at 8:17am
Brendon, will Vesion 3.1.1 continue to use Microsoft .Net 1.03? I seem to recall some plans to move to 1.1.
Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2006 at 4:44pm

We currently use 1.0.  The next release of BC will still use 1.0 and then after that we plan to move to 2.0. We have many changes in the next version and don't want to have the extra issue of DotNet 2.0 to download and install.  A separate project.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12