FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Symbol list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
chart rider View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Symbol list
    Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 9:01pm

Is there a way of listing all available symbols.  When trying to display oddball symbols, such as the S&P500, I find the symbol search function can be a little cumbersome.  A pull down list of all available symbols would definitely be nice to have - maybe it's already there and I can't see it ?

CR

Cobra View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2005 at 9:44pm
And possibly a plain english description also. Some of the codes are a bit cryptic.
BullCharts version:3.4.1.28129
Windows XP SP2
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 9:33am
Press F6 to open the security manager.
Select "All Securities" at the top of the tree (if it isn't already).

A list of all securities is shown in the grid below, along with their names. Click on one to see its chart.

You might also be interested in this post.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2005 at 7:56pm
The securities list shows all securities, but not all the other goodies, such as indices, exchange rates etc - these are the ones I have difficulty finding.
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2005 at 4:03pm
Ahh. BullCharts downloads Ordinaries, Indices and Unit Trusts as part of the daily download. These get stored in your database and are available under "All Securities"

All other securities get downloaded direct from our servers on demand. To search our servers:
  1. Press F6 to open the security manager
  2. Click on the Online Symbol Search icon (second from the left at the top of the security manager)
  3. From here you can search all sorts of things including the US exchange, or different security types.
I think this will let you search for everything except exchange rates. To get symbols exchange rates, you can look at the exchange rates report in Actions / MarketView / Exchange Rates. You can also form cross rates using the same pattern.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2005 at 8:07pm

Peter

I still find this extremely difficult.  For instance, tonight I can't find the S&P500.  Online search comes up with no results.

Other packages allow a user to pull down a comlete list of symbols in the database allowing one to scan through and see what's there.

Surely there's a better way.

CR

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2005 at 3:22pm

Here is a current list to help. Shall keep your ideas in mind when we come to work on the Security Manager option for another requests.  These symbols are in the User Guide Chapter 24. Also if you type in 500 in  Search on the company name after selecting US then it comes up with

$SPX S&P 500

$.AUDUSD Australian Dollar to US Dollar
$.AUDEUR Australian Dollar to Euro
$.USDAUD US Dollar to Australian Dollar
$.USDCHF US Dollar to Swiss Franc
$.USDCNY US Dollar to Chinese Renmimbi Yuan
$.USDDEM US Dollar to German Deutsche Mark
$.USDEUR US Dollar to Euro
$.USDGBP US Dollar to Great Britain Pound
$.USDHKD US Dollar to Hong Kong Dollar
$.USDIDR US Dollar to Indonesian Rupiah
$.USDJPY US Dollar to Japanese Yen
$.USDMYR US Dollar to Malaysian Ringgit
$.USDNZD US Dollar to New Zealand Dollar
$.USDPHP US Dollar to Philippine Peso
$.USDSGD US Dollar to Singapore Dollar
$.USDTHB US Dollar to Thai Baht
$.USDTWD US Dollar to Taiwanese NT Dollar

World Indices

US.RUSS2000 Russell 2000
US.OFRACAC France CAC 40
US.OSINST Singapore Straight Times
US.OMALKLSE Malaysia KLSE Composite
US.OTHABKS Thailand Bangkok SET
US.OUSASPC USA Standard and Poor's Composite
US.NZ50 New Zealand CAP 50
US.OUSANDQ USA Nasdaq Composite
US.FTSE FTSE 100 Share Index (London)
US.OGERDAX German DAX
US.OUSANYC USA NYSE Composite
US.OUSADJI USA Dow Jones Industrials
US.OJAPDA Japan Nikkei (Nikkei 225)
US.OHKGHSB Hong Kong Hang Seng Bank
US.$SPX S&P 500

Gameboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gameboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2005 at 12:52am

Is it possible to get metals (gold, copper ect) charts and an advance/ decline line chart?

Edited by Gameboy
hubertlbc View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote hubertlbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 10:23am
I'm don't think we could get Gold/Copper in BullCharts at all - however, I'm open to correction.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote chart rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 8:13pm

hubert

I guess we're kind of relying on Bullcharts to provide the answer here.

In the symbol search window, the instructions under the heading "searching for a symbol" list Futures as one of the three selections available, but the selection tabs allow only stocks and options.

It's as though futures charts was considered as a possibility one day, but that day has not yet arrived.  Is this correct and are there any plans of providing furures charts one day?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>