BullCharts Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > BullCharts > BullScript
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Adding user fields to fundamentals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
davidr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote davidr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding user fields to fundamentals
    Posted: 27 Apr 2005 at 4:29pm

I was wondering whether it was possible to add say 6 extra fields to fundamentals that are reserved for user data that one might like to import into Bullcharts via a text file.

For instance, through Westpac broking I can get price/book, forecast eps, forecast dps and a whole bunch of other stuff that is quite trivial to drop into a comma delimited spreadsheet and it would be most invaluable to be able to be use this information in a bullscript fundamental scan.

I suppose you could call these reserved fields UsrField1, UsrField2 etc

cheers

davidr

davidr
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 11:31pm

A possible improvement would be to "normalize" this idea and have a collection of custom properties related to each Security that are created and named by the user. This way you are not restricted in number of fields and the meaningful name then can be used in your code:

Security.CustomField1 = something

'vs

Security.CustomFields("forecast_eps") = something

Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 12:51pm
Good idea. I will see if we can add this to a future version.
 Post Reply Post Reply