FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Leon Wilson indicators

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leon Wilson indicators
    Posted: 09 Mar 2005 at 11:41am

Originally posted by Brendon

Please let us know which you are interested in by referring to the page number in either book.  We will see what we can do.

Ok - what I want are the 3 trade entry signals - ie

Trend Trading - Page 337

Breakout trading - page 346

Reversal trading - page 353

Here is the Trend trading one as an example....

- (low > 21 day MA) AND (low > 150 day MA)

OR

short-term group of av > long term group of averages

- (Volume > 5 MA on Vol)  AND (vol > 50 day MA on vol) and (OBV > 13 day Ma on OBV) AND <OBV oscillator>0) AND (5 day MA on Vol > 50 day MA on vol)

- (Price oscillator >0) and (ADX>25) and (PDI>MDI)

I do not know how the external strength stuff will work itself in, but the above stuff should be fairly simple.

And there are similar criteria for the other two trade entry systems.

Brendon View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brendon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 4:00pm
We plan to add more in from his books.  Please let us know which you are interested in by referring to the page number in either book.  We will see what we can do.
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 3:55pm
If you go to the Insert Indicator form, and change the category dropdown at the bottom to "Wilson" then you can see the indicators we have for him so far.
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 10:02am

Having just read the two superb Leon Wilson books, I am all fired up to implement some of his trading systems.

He mentioned that you were planning on putting some of his tools into Bullcharts, which I think is a great idea.

Have you got very far in doing this? I ask as I had planned on setting up a few ribbon indicators that were driven by some of his checklist points..

ie

OBV >13 day MA on OBV

OBV osillator >0

Volume > 5 day MA on volume.....etc

If you have already done some of the work in this area, then it would save me a fair bit of effort, especially as I am no great shakes at the Bullscript language yet.

Post Reply Post Reply