FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum login
    Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 12:55am

It is not a huge problem - but I find that I have to login to this forum fairly often. The system does not seem to remember my login all that often - even though I tell it to remember me.

It is more annoying in that the system does not seem to recognise the page as a webpage, so I cannot use Roboform to enter the details for me - I have to type it each time.

Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 10:58am
Originally posted by kneighbour

It is not a huge problem - but I find that I have to login to this forum fairly often. The system does not seem to remember my login all that often - even though I tell it to remember me.

I don't know what might or might not be causing that, but I do know I've never had much success getting Internet Explorer to remember passwords for me. Meanwhile, Firefox works just fine....
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 10:58am
We're using a third-party forum package - so I don't know too much about how it works. But the remember login seems to work OK for me.

Do you use the forum directly from a web browser, or from within BullCharts?
kneighbour View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote kneighbour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2005 at 1:57pm

Originally posted by Peter

We're using a third-party forum package - so I don't know too much about how it works. But the remember login seems to work OK for me.

Do you use the forum directly from a web browser, or from within BullCharts?

Both. The external browser seems to be better, although that does not make much sense. The problem with the internal browser is that none of the auto-completion stuff works - so you have to enter the data each and every time. At least with the normal (external) browser I can use auto-completion.

Edited by kneighbour
SimonSavva View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2005 at 5:04pm

Perhaps the internal forum browser command on the help menu could be converted to launch internet explorer externally.

In fact the ability for the user to creat a custom menu with links to various places on the web, or documents/programs etc. would be excellent. This would mean I could open my position sizing calculator (xls file) launch my futures data update program (exe file) and come to the forum(url file), all without visiting my start menu.

So far as saving passwords, its just internet explorers privacy settings I'm pretty sure.

Maybe you guys have privacy products that go and delete cookies, history and passwords periodically.

Edited by SimonSavva
Tim Allen View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tim Allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by SimonSavva

In fact the ability for the user to creat a custom menu with links to various places on the web, or documents/programs etc. would be excellent.

How about adding shortcuts to the Quick Launch bar, down next to the Start button? If you're worried about categorisation, I found a cute little freeware program the other day called FreeLaunchBar that lets you add submenus to the Quick Launch bar.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 2:24pm
Would be nice to eliminate the Start bar all together
Peter View Drop Down
BullCharts Staff
BullCharts Staff

Post Options Post Options   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 4:40pm
The start-bar can be hidden on XP:
  1. Right click on the start button
  2. Press properties
  3. Go to the taskbar tab
  4. Select auto-hide the task bar.
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote SimonSavva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2005 at 7:27pm

Would like to elimanate it altogether - ie replace the explorer.exe with something more useful. DesktopX is one example

Edited by SimonSavva
ChrisR View Drop Down
Regular
Regular

Post Options Post Options   Quote ChrisR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2005 at 7:43am

Possibly kneighbours problems are caused by corrupted windows system.

time for another format.

Edited by ChrisR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>